Throughout the year, we offer opportunities to explore the coastal mountains landscape with natural historians and others, and to discuss and learn about conservation issues important to our region. For updates on events listed below, please also check local newspapers and villagesoup.com. All our events are open to the public and, unless otherwise noted, free of charge. For those events indicating group size limitations, advance registration is necessary. To register for such events, or for more information on any event, please contact us.
* Indicates a child-friendly event. Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
2015 Events and Volunteer Calendar
For additional outings and events coordinated by us, please continue to revisit this page and check our Facebook page.
Also, we frequently participate in outings and events coordinated by the Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition. Please find their calendar here.
- Monthly Natural History Walks, co-sponsored by the Camden Conservation Commission. Join naturalists each month on an exploration of a natural place in our community.
- Midcoast Greendrinks We are a participating sponsor of this monthly, environmentally-focused networking event, along with Georges River Land Trust and Medomak Valley Land Trust. Where is it happening this month? Find out here.
What are we up to next?
- Saturday, November 7th at 10:00am, local geologist Dr. Steve Norton will lead this month's Camden Area Nature Walk up Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park. Meet in the parking lot on the left at the start of the road up Mount Battie. There may be some trail walking, so bring suitable footwear. Coastal Mountains Land Trust and the Camden Conservation Commission will also be sponsoring monthly nature walks in 2016, starting next spring.
- Monday, November 9th at 5:30pm, Passy Rail Trail Benefit & FREE Movie night at the Colonial Theater in Belfast. Come join us for a video presentation on progress of The Passy Rail Trail, followed by a free showing of the movie STAND BY ME, beginning at 6:15pm.
- ArtFull Gifts
Point Lookout, Northport
Saturday – Sunday, November 21st – 22nd
A portion of the proceeds from admission to this fine arts and crafts show will benefit the Land Trust.
- Saturday, November 21st, 9:00am - 11:00am, McLellan-Poor Preserve Opening in Northport. A trail and footbridge were constructed on the Preserve during the summer, making it an accessible place to explore. Come out for this enjoyable fall event! DIRECTIONS: From Belfast via Congress Street - follow Congress Street south across Route 1. At the intersection of Herrick and Perkins Roads, bear right on Herrick. Continue on Herrick for approximately 1 mile. Parking lot is on the left.
- Early Winter Hike
Long Cove Headwaters Preserve, Searsport
Saturday, December 12th
Co-sponsored with the Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition
Interested in learning about birds, trees, flowers, insects, animal tracks and other areas of natural history? Coastal Mountains Land Trust will co-host monthly natural history walks with the Camden Conservation Commission.
Walks take place on the first Saturday or Sunday of each month. Registration is not necessary - simply show up and see what you can learn! Stay tuned for date and location details.