Throughout the year, we offer opportunities to explore the coastal mountains landscape with natural historians and others, and to discuss and learn about conservation issues important to our region. For updates on events listed below, please also check local newspapers and villagesoup.com. All our events are open to the public and, unless otherwise noted, free of charge. For those events indicating group size limitations, advance registration is necessary. To register for such events, or for further information on any event, please contact us.
* Indicates a child-friendly event. Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
2013 Events Calendar (in progress)
- Explore Meadow Brook Preserve as part of the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend, Saturday, February 16, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Spring Emergence Naturalist's Talk by Rebecca Jacobs of the Knox-Lincoln Soil & Water Conservation District, at the Land Trust office in Camden, Wednesday, March 27 , 6:30 - 8:00 PM. Co-sponsored by the Knox-Lincoln Soil & Water Conservation District.
- Main Stream Preserve Outing, Thursday, March 14, 9:30 AM -1:30 PM.
- Stories and Stars with children's librarian Miss Amy and telescopes, at Beech Hill Preserve, Saturday, April 20, 6:30 - 8:30 PM. Co-sponsored by Camden Public Library. *
- Spring Bird Walk, Beech Hill Preserve, Tuesday, May 7, 7:00 - 10:00 AM. Co-led and co-sponsored by Midcoast Audubon.
- Spring Bird Walk, Ducktrap River Preserve, Wednesday, May 15, 6:30 - 9:30 AM. Co-sponsored by Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition.
- Wildflower Walk with Wanda Garland, Ragged Mountain Preserve, Thursday, May 16, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- Summer Solstice Celebration, Beech Hill Preserve, Friday, June 21, 6:30 -8:30 PM. *
- Ragged Mountain Run Around, 4- and 9-mile trail runs to benefit the Land Trust and the Ragged Mountain Recreation Area, Sunday, June 23.
- Insect Safari with entomologist Kathy Murray, Head of Tide Preserve, Friday, July 16, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. *
- Members Only Blueberry Free Pick, Beech Hill Preserve, Saturday, August 3, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM. *
- Public Blueberry Free Pick, Beech Hill Preserve, Sunday, August 4, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM. *
- Fairy House Building Workshop with Liza Walsh, Fernalds Neck Preserve, Saturday, September 7, 10:00 - 11:00 AM. *
- Annual Meeting of the Membership, Belfast Boathouse, late August, date tbd
- Salmon Ecology Walk with Peter Ruksznis of the Maine Dept. of Marine Resources, Ducktrap River Preserve, October, date TBD.
- Artfull Gifts, Fine Arts & Crafts Show, Point Lookout, Northport, November 22 - 24. A portion of the admission proceeds will benefit the Land Trust.
Beech Hill Preserve, Rockport
Beech Nut is closed for the season: Open Houses will resume in May 2013. (See schedule below.)
Beech Nut, the historic, sod-roofed stone hut atop Beech Hill on our Beech Hill Preserve, is open to the public two days/month from May through October each year. During these open houses, a volunteer docent is on hand to answer questions about the history of the building and the preserve, and field guides and other informational materials are available for visitors. Restored in 2007, this special building is well worth a visit by young and old alike--the views alone make the walk up the hill worthwhile!
- Wednesday, May 8, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, May 25, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 5, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Friday, June 21, 6:30-8:30 PM: Summer Solstice Celebration
- Wednesday, July 3, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, July 20, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, August 3, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Members' Blueberry Pick
- Sunday, August 4, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Public Blueberry Pick
- Wednesday, August 21, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, September 7, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 18, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, October 5, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 16, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, October 26, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM