Throughout the year, we offer opportunities to explore the coastal mountains landscape with natural historians and others, and to discuss and learn about conservation issues important to our region. For updates on events listed below, please also check local newspapers and villagesoup.com. All our events are open to the public and, unless otherwise noted, free of charge. For those events indicating group size limitations, advance registration is necessary. To register for such events, or for more information on any event, please contact us.
* Indicates a child-friendly event. Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
2015 Events Calendar
This calendar is still very much a work in progress for the new year. For additional outings and events coordinated by us, please continue to revisit this page and check our Facebook page.
Also, we frequently participate in outings and events coordinated by the Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition. Please find their calendar here.
- Monthly Natural History Walks, co-sponsored by the Camden Conservation Commission
- 2015 Beech Nut Open House Calendar
- Fri., February 13, 10 AM - 12 PM--Great Maine Outdoor Weekend Event: Snowshoeing at the Long Cove Headwaters Preserve, Searsport. Bring your snowshoes and join us for a winter exploration of forested trails, as part of Great Maine Outdoor Weekend's statewide initiative to get people outside in all seasons.
- Sat., April 11, 10 AM - 1 PM--Walkin' on the Railroad: Explore Belfast's Passy Rail Trail
Walk from the Armistice Footbridge to the railroad museum and back on the newly emerging rail trail along the scenic Passagassawakeag River, about four miles total. Co-sponsored by Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition.
Interested in learning about birds, trees, flowers, insects, animal tracks and other areas of natural history? Coastal Mountains Land Trust will co-host monthly natural history walks with the Camden Conservation Commission.
Walks take place on the first Saturday or Sunday of each month. Registration is not necessary - simply show up and see what you can learn!
Monthly Naturalist Walk: Saturday, February 7, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Merryspring Nature Park, Camden.
Beech Hill Preserve, Rockport
Beech Nut, the historic, sod-roofed stone hut atop Beech Hill on our Beech Hill Preserve, is open to the public two days/month from May through October each year. During these open houses, a volunteer docent is on hand to answer questions about the history of the building and the preserve, and field guides and other informational materials are available for visitors. Restored in 2007, this special building is well worth a visit by young and old alike--the views alone make the walk up the hill worthwhile!
- Saturday, May 23, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 10, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday, June 21, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM (Summer Solstice)
- Wednesday, July 1, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday, July 18, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday, August 1, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Members’ BlueberryPick)
- Sunday, August 2, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Public Free Pick)
- Saturday, August 22, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday, September 13, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Monday, September 28, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM (Full Harvest Moon)
- Wednesday, October 7, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday October 17, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM