Coastal Mountains Land Trust
Trails Challenge 2021
LOG YOUR MILES
TOTAL MILES (total)
Coastal Mountains Land Trust’s annual Trails Challenge is back! Support local efforts to build and maintain quality trails by logging your miles of trail use. Throughout the 2021 Trails Challenge, every mile you hike, run, or bike literally will pay off – resulting in a dollar donated to the Land Trust’s trail stewardship program.
HOW IT WORKS:
– You Run, Hike, or Bike on CMLT trails, then log your miles on our Trail Challenge website (www.coastalmountains.org or use the QR code at the Trailhead).
– 1 mile = $1 For every mile logged, $1 is released from our pool of local sponsors to the Land Trust to support trail construction and maintenance.
OUR CHALLENGE GOAL:
– Log 15,000 miles between July 31st and September 28th and raise $15,000 to support local trail at Coastal Mountains Land Trust.
– Inspire people to discover, explore, and experience new (and old) trails!
– Bring the trail users of Midcoast Maine together to celebrate and build community!
From July 31st to September 28th, 2021
All Midcoast trails.
PRIZES & PERKS:
– Weekly Prizes (make link): Every week you log miles, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a prize from one our sponsors. Prizes include: TBD
– Weekly Events (make link): Log miles while enjoying the company of others! Local trail days sponsored by the Land Trust and our partners at Trail Runners of Mid-Coast Maine (TROMM) and the Midcoast Chapter of the New England Mountain Bike Association (McNEMBA).
– Kick-off and Celebration: Celebrate the beginning of the Trails Challenge on Saturday July 31st at the Thorndike Brook Trailhead on Ragged Mountain, and the end at the Land Trust’s annual meeting on September 28th. Refreshments provided!
– $1 mile will be donated to the Land Trust for every mile travelled.
– It’s scouts honor. We don’t verify anyone’s mileage… so please be honest when logging your miles
– Miles can be logged daily, weekly or in batches, whatever is easiest. You can also log miles for friends and family if you used the trails together.
– Miles do not have to be on a CMLT trail necessarily, but please limit trail miles to trails in our region.
– Share the challenge on social media, challenge your friends and family, challenge a co-worker. When posting use “#cmlttrailschallenge”, “#findyourtrail”
– Send us your photos and tag us on social media so we can see and re-share them with our community of trail users.
– Stay tuned to social media, our eNews and this website for special events and prizes from local businesses as a reward for those logging their miles week in week out.
A huge thank you to our local business sponsors!
$2,500 and up Sponsors
Side Country Sports
Gartley & Dorsky Engineering
Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding (NOT YET)
RAYR the wine shop
$1,000 and up Sponsors
$500 and up Sponsors
Front Street Shipyard
Strout & Payson