Use of Information
Coastal Mountains Land Trust never sells or rents names, addresses, or other personal information about our members. Email addresses, phone numbers, and financial information about donations are never shared with other organizations.
Security of Your Credit Card Information
We do not retain credit card information. If you supply us with your credit card information to become a member or make a donation, we shred the credit card information after the donation is processed. If you make a donation online, only the last four-digits of your credit card number are available to us.
Coastal Mountains Land Trust welcomes comments and questions on this policy. We are committed to protecting your personal information and will make every reasonable effort to keep that information secure. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 207-236-7091.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Coastal Mountains Land Trust is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. Any information supplied to us by donors will be used solely to fulfill their donation and shall not be shared for any reason unless permission is granted by the donor to share such information. All requests to remain anonymous shall be honored.
Coastal Mountains never sells or shares donor lists. Donors, email subscribers, and other contacts who supply us with their postal address and/or email address may be contacted by CMLT staff. All donors have the option to contact us via email, phone, or mail to request to be placed on our “do not solicit” list.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations. Text on this page was copied directly from the Donor Bill of Rights at https://afpglobal.org/donor-bill-rights